The basic eligibility qualifications for acceptance into the program are:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 18 on class start date
- Applicants must be male or female
- Applicants must be free of illegal drugs
- Applicants must be educationally at risk
- Applicants must be mentally and physically capable to participate
- Applicants must be a South Carolina resident
- Applicants must not be under indictment or convicted of a felony offense
- Applicants must voluntarily enter the program
A mandatory drug screening will be conducted. Applicants may not remain in the program if they test positive for the presence of illegal drugs.
Statement of Equal Opportunity:
The National Guard Youth Challenge Program, does not exclude any person based upon race, color, national origin, gender or religion.